I am studying protein interactions between dengue virus and its hosts using mass spec. In general, I am interested in understanding how virus and host diversity affects physical interactions.
- Shah PS, Pham NP, Schaffer DV. HIV develops indirect cross-resistance to combinatorial RNAi targeting two distinct and spatially distant sites. Molecular Therapy. 2012 Apr;20(4):840-8. doi: 10.1038/mt.2012.3. Epub 2012 Jan 31.
- Leonard JN (co-first author), Shah PS (co-first author), Burnett JC, Schaffer DV. HIV evades RNA interference directed at TAR by an indirect compensatory mechanism. Cell Host and Microbe. 2008 Nov 13;4(5):484-94.* *Featured open-access article.
- Shah PS, Schaffer DV. Antiviral RNAi: Translating Science Towards Therapeutic Success. Pharmaceutical Research. 2011 Dec;28(12):2966-82. Epub 2011 Aug 9.
- Aviran S, Shah PS, Schaffer DV, Arkin AP. Computational Models of HIV-1 Resistance to Gene Therapy Elucidate Therapy Design Principles. PLoS Computational Biology. 2010 Aug 12;6(8).
- Shah PS, Schaffer DV. Gene therapy takes a cue from HAART: Combinatorial antiviral therapeutics reach the clinic. Science Translational Medicine. 2010 Jun:2(36).
- Burnett JC, Miller-Jensen K, Shah PS, Arkin AP, Schaffer DV. Control of stochastic gene expression by host factors at the HIV promoter. PLoS Pathogens. 2009 Jan;5(1).
- Liu, S, Pereira NA, Teo JJ, Miller P, Shah P, Song Z. Mitochondrially targeted Bcl-2 and Bcl-X(L) chimeras elicit different apoptotic responses. Molecules and Cells, 2007 Dec 31;24(3):378-87.
- Vahedi-Faridi A, Brault PA, Shah P, Kim YW, Dunham WR, Funk MO Jr. Interaction between non-heme iron of lipoxygenases and cumene hydroperoxide: basis for enzyme activation, inactivation, and inhibition. Journal of the American Chemical Society. 2004 Feb 25;126(7):2006-15.
- Brault PA, Kariapper MS, Pham CV, Flowers RA 2nd, Gunning WT, Shah P, Funk MO Jr. Protein micelles from lipoxygenase 3. Biomacromolecules. 2002 Jul-Aug;3(4):649-54.